Monday, July 29, 2013

Favorite Point: 

Potential Slab:


   Weekend Update: This weekend was a good one.  All over New England some solid swell filled into everyone’s favorite nook or cranny.  My phone blew up with text messages about  overhead waves in Maine and double overhead barrels in Cape Cod.  Chest high wave filled into Easton Bay on Saturday morning.  My father and I took a  walk at dawn to one of our favorite points where the tide was not cooperating.  We spent the rest of the morning exploring The Ocean State’s jagged coastline.  The Old Man and I found a few slabs that could work in a larger swell.  Later in the day, he paddled out to his favorite reef and picked off a few choppy ones.  I left my camera at home and swam over the seaweed infested rock bottom.  On Saturday the swell dropped down to the waist range, later in the afternoon a school of bluefish pushed some mackerel by the house and I was unsuccessful in reaching the blues from shore.  Sunday morning was sunny and knee high.  As the day progressed, thick fog rolled into Easton Bay.  With visibility dropping, our family gave second beach a visit.  We drove down and were accompanied by thick fog and waist high surf.  As the clocks changed from four to five, the swell jumped to overhead, pounding the beach.  I went for a swim and watched my dad get a few on his twin fin 10’ “Haut.”  The Sunday swell left as quickly as it arrived and we packed up the car for the five minute ride home.  Not a bad weekend except for no surfing on my part.  Broken backs will do that to you, hopefully by the time snow is falling I will be back in the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment